"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling."
- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Thursday, September 2, 2010

36 AND 37 week updates....

Hello there world,

So it has been a crazy 2 weeks and I totally understand what people say about the last month of being pregnant is really not that fun. lol. I mean, we are totally ready....car seat ( in the trunck of the car, lol, in case I decide to have the baby soon), crib, diapers, hopefully everything else, lol, but now we just have to wait for her to make her arrival!!!

So last week on Wednesday, 8-25-2010, I had my 36 week appt. My blood pressure was WAY high again so they sent me straight over to Labor and Delivery. There was a scary few hours, because my doctor said depending on how the preeclampsia labs turn out today they might induce me!!! Or send me home on strict bed rest and try to wait a week til I got 37 (or full term) weeks. It was pretty intense. Well once I got all checked into the hospital and hooked up to tons of things....my blood pressure went down, all the labs came back normal....what the heck???? So needless to say....NO baby yet. It is kind of weird though....my vision changes, seeing dark spots and flashes of lights are still there even with my blood pressure back down and all the labs coming back normal. So who knows?? I have had those vision changes since 34 and a half weeks and they are still here today! So I was sent home, not on complete bed rest, but on light duty. They had me come in on two days later just to check my blood pressure and it was fine.

So I saw my doctor again yesterday for my 37 week appt. And my blood pressure...120/73. Totally fine. Who knows? They think I am "thinking" about getting preeclampsia so we are still watching it closely, but this time I got sent home on light duty again and they will see me in a week.

Depending to my blood pressure, they still might induce me at 39 weeks!! So we will have to see. I looked at that countdown on my page and it says 18 days til my due date! Oh my gosh! This really is starting to feel more real, especially when I think I am feeling little contractions, or braxton-hicks, or something. All I know is...yeah...not that comfortable anymore. But it will all be so worth it when our little girl finally arrives!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. AH! I'm getting SO excited. I'm glad you aren't on full bed rest. The whole vision stuff sounds scary though :( Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're not on full bed rest too. It seems miserable. But you're right. The last month is probably the worst. But you're also right. It's so worth it. So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete